Thursday, March 19, 2009

I learnt something more about apology…...courage!


Today morning I saw an email in my email box where some one sending an apology note for an incident which they thought occurred during one of our earlier meeting a fortnight back. I was unable to recollect any incident in the meeting which required an apology.
What intrigued me in the situation was courage and morality of some one senior to remember, reflect and act to apologies. That too in professional environment, where incident like this will go unnoticed if there was a situation where the person did some thing wrong …..As he/she perceived.
This has left very big mark on me today. Given my nature/attitude there were incident in my 18 year career I did crossed the thin line during meetings or email in a rush to get things done or convince someone he is wrong. But pot the incident though I reflect on my behaviors I have not shown courage to send an email apology.
I wrote back to the person about this learning I had from her email. Hope it will get perceived appropriately. In the end it was precious learning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment