Monday, June 3, 2013

Desperation, Aspiration & Disappointment

Past few days ...I have been trying to self coach myself on career thinking. It is a tough task to do once own brain surgery but contemplation do help in self awareness.


I wanted to understand what drives my career planning. As one of the biggest illusion in career planning is to be very Objective, Logical and radical about it. Buy when rubber meets the road.......it gets confusing . Diving you nuts with fight between left and right brain.

I wanted to breakdown this logical v/s emotional fight into manageable parts for thinking through.

Point of Aspiration: We will have our career goal at the point of our aspiration. Classical "What I want to become..." .Predominantly driven by once life path, past experience, Future potential......with varied contribution from skill composition.

Point of disappointment: While I may have my aspiration, dreams, Plans about my career but not getting something when ever such opportunity exist will disappoint me. Linguistically speaking......it is other side of aspiration...........though I may not be consciously aspire for it but not getting will bring negative outcome.

Point of Desperation: This is beyond logic. this " I don't care...I just need this ..."  aspect of the career. Very short term driven . May even make you take wrong career decision.

I believe it is very important for oneself to draw clear charter of Values & Life goals to draw your career plan. along with that to clarify what is you careers point of Aspiration, Desperation & Disappointment at time continuum of short, Medium and long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment